All year Wed-Sun, Hol 10-18.
School holidays: daily 10-18.
Closed 24-DEC, 25-DEC, 26-DEC, 31-DEC, 01-JAN.
Adults EUR 5, Children (6-16) EUR 3, Children (0-5) notallowed.
Groups (15+): Adults EUR 4, School Children EUR 3.
Speleotherapy: 10 visits including medical advice EUR 450, tryout EUR 10.
|Classification:||Iron Mine Speleotherapy|
|Light:||Incandescent Electric Light System|
|Dimension:||T=8-10 °C, H=80%.|
|Address:||Kurgesellschaft Bad Gottleuba-Berggießhübel mbH, Besucherbergwerk "Marie Louise Stolln", Siedlung 1, 01819 Kurort Berggießhübel, Tel: +49-35023-52980, Fax: +49-35023-52981. E-mail:|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|1230||area settled by German miners, start of iron mining and processing.|
|1300||village Gottleuba founded as a miners town.|
|1404||area conquered by the Wettin family.|
|19-MAY-1418||first written mention of mining at the Gottleuba river.|
|1447||first written mention of ores near Berggießhübel, old name was Gißhobel.|
|1459||border quarrels settled by Kurfürst Friedrich II in the Vertrag von Eger (treaty of Eger).|
|1466||indepenent Bergamt (board of mines) with Bergmeister (head of mines).|
|1590||the chronist Petrus Albinus praises the quality of the iron and introduces the term Pirnisch Eisen.|
|1618||mining ended by the 30 Years War.|
|1717||first mineral spring Johann-Georg-Brunnen discovered.|
|1726||Friedrich Erbstolln (Marie Louise Stolln) started.|
|1731||tax on wood, which is necessary to process the iron ore, increases the cost and makes mining unprofitable.|
|1813||marauding troops destroy mines and furnaces, end of mining.|
|1819||mining revived by Detlev Graf von Einsiedel.|
|1876-1878||europaweite Stahlüberproduktionskrise bringt den Bergbau zum Erligen.|
|1892||ores mined out, mines closed.|
|1964||increasing number of collapses of old mine tunnels.|
|1970||mines safeguarded by the Bergsicherung Dresden.|
|2003||start of the development of the show mine.|
|2006||show mine opened to the public.|
Located in the town with the strange name Berggießhübel, the Marie Louise Stolln is today used as a show mine and for speleotherapy.