|Location:||Le Mesnil sur Oger, Côtes des Blancs, south of Epernay.|
All year Mon-Fri 10-15, Sat, Sun, Hol 10:30-15.
After appointment only!
Adults EUR 8.
|Light:||Incandescent Electric Light System|
|Guided tours:||D=2 h.|
|Address:||Champagne Launois Père et Fils, 2, Avenue Eugène Guillaume, B.P. 7, 51190 Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Tel: +33-326-575015, Fax: +33-326-579782. E-mail:|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|1872||house of Launois Père et Fils founded.|
Bernard Launois is the owner of the champagne company Launois Père & Fils. He has assembled a magnificent collection of wine antiques and Champagne memorabilia for his private museum. This includes historic tools, but also strange things like antropomorphic sculptures cut from vine roots, ash trays with Champagne themes, or a giant muselet - the wire cage that covers the cork. The museum started when Mr. Launois aquired a 16th century Burgundian wine press weighing two tons. He had to built a house around the press to protect it.
The visit includes the vast museum and cellars, followed by a tasting of three of their excellent Champagnes inside the cellars. This is one of the smaller Champagne Houses, but definitely one of the most interesting cellar tours. Their Champagne is noted for its outstanding quality/price ratio.