|Location:||Slovenský raj (National Park Slovak Paradise). The start for the gorge is at the rázcestia Kyseľ (Kyseľ crossroad), accessible from Kláštorisko. (48.935988, 20.397732)|
National Park Permit: One Day EUR 1.50, Three Days 3.50, Six days EUR 5.
|Dimension:||L=1,500m, A=224m asl..|
|Guided tours:||self guided, D=60min.|
|Address:||Slovenský raj, Hlavná 171, 053 15 Hrabušice, Tel: +421-53-324-95-12, Tel: +421-917-800-133. E-mail:|
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|27-JUN-1900||first expedition into the gorge.|
|25-AUG-1907||first crossed by Kazimír Kozlovský and his fellows.|
|1925||gorge developed with metal ladders by workers from the Spišská Nová Ves railway station.|
|1975||gorge above the Obrovský vodopád opened to the public by members of the Mountain Rescue Service.|
|16/17-JUL-1976||Kyseľ gorge closed after an extensive forest fire, which destroyed 30ha of forest.|
Rokle Malý Kyseľ (Small Kyseľ Gorge) is a gorge which is located in the Slovenský raj (National Park Slovak Paradise). It has three waterfalls, the most spectacular is Machový vodopád with a height of 8m. The gorge is developed with a trail and wooden ladders. They are quite narrow and mostly without railings, so surefootedness and no fear of height are mandatory. Also the trail is too narrow for two-way traffic, so it is only allowed to walk the gorge upstream. Make sure there is always only one person on the ladder. A via ferrata set is recommended, the route is rather difficult.
It is a part of Rokle Kyseľ (Kyseľ gorge) which is formed by the river Kyseľ. Actually there are three sections of the gorge. Rokle Malý Kyseľ (Gorge Malý Kyseľ) is named after Malý Kyseľ river. Rokle Veľký Kyseľ (Gorge Veľký Kyseľ) is named after Veľký Kyseľ river. At the end of both gorges the rivers merge, form the river Kyseľ and Kyseľ Gorge. Originally the whole gorge was developed by a trail, but after an extensive forest fire in July 1976 most of the gorge was closed. But the fire was only on one side of the canyon and so this side branch was not affected.