Bachelor-Syracuse Mine Tour

Useful Information

Location: Ouray, about 3 km
Open: 20-MAY to 15-JUN daily 9-16.
16-JUN to 19-AUG daily 9-17.
20-AUG to 15-SEP daily 9-16.
Tours are every hour on the hour. Closed 04-JUL.
Fee: Adults EUR 14.99, Children (6-12) EUR 7.99, Children (0-6) free.
Discounts for AAA, active and reserve military, seniors.
Group discounts available.
Classification: MineSilver Mine MineGold Mine
Light: LightIncandescent Electric Light System
Dimension: T=13 °C.
Guided tours: D=60 min, L=550 m (tour), L=1020 m (train ride).
Address: Bachelor-Syracuse Mine Tour, 1222 County Road 14, Ouray, Colorado 81427, Tel: +1-970-325-0220, Free: 1-888-227-4585, Fax: +1-970-325-4500. E-mail: contact
As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.


1884 silver discovered.



Bachelor-Syracuse Mine Tour is located in Gold Hill, and is rich in gold, silver, and other precious metals. The visitors are equipped with helmets and raincoats, then the 1,020 m long ride on a miners train into the mine starts. This might get a little cool, so we recommend warm clothes. Inside the mine the rich silver veins and other mineral deposits are shown together with the equipment used to mine it. During its operation some $8 million in gold, $90 million in silver, and $5 million in other minerals have been mined.