Knappenstube "Unterberghaus", Leogang.
A4 Rosenheim-Innsbruck exit Kufstein Süd, west through St. Johann, Fiederbrunn to Leogang.
A8 München-Salzburg, exit Siegsdorf, south through Lofer to Saalfelden, turn right to Leogang.
A Salzburg-Villach, exit Bischofshofen, east through Zell am See to Saalfelden, turn left to Leogang.
Through Leogang to Hütten. Between Hütten and Berg turn turn left (signposted), 3.2 km to the Unterberghaus.
MAI to JUN Wed-Sun 11-17, tours 11, 13.
JUL to AUG Tue-Sun 11-17, tours 11, 13, 15.
SEP to OCT Wed-Sun 11-17, tours 11, 13.
Adults EUR 15, Children (3-15) EUR 8.
|Classification:||Silver Mine Mercury Mine Cobalt Mine Copper Mine Lead Mine Nickel Mine|
|Light:||Incandescent Electric Light System|
Schaubergwerk Leogang, Schwarzleo 3, 5771 Leogang, Tel: +43-6583-8223-30.
Bergbaumuseum Leogang, Hütten 10, 5771 Leogang, Tel: +43-6583-7105.
Tourismusbüro Leogang, Tel: +43-6583-8234.
|As far as we know this information was accurate when it was published (see years in brackets), but may have changed since then.
Please check rates and details directly with the companies in question if you need more recent info.
|1425||first written mention of Schwarzleo.|
|1989||show mine opened to the public.|
The show mine is located in the Danielstollen (Daniel adit) and is accessible through the Barbarastollen (Barbara adit). The exhibition explains historic methods of mining and the geology of the deposit.
The ore of Leogang is a so called poly-metallic ore, which contained silver, mercury, copper, lead, nickel, and cobalt in changing proportions. But Leogang is famous for numerous rare and beautiful minerals which were found in the mine. They are sold on mineral fairs and at the mine.
A part of the exhibition is the nearby Knappenstube "Unterberghaus". This former mining building is now used for the ticket office, a restaurant, a souvenir shop and a small exhibition with maps of the mine.